Tuesday, August 26, 2008

dear blog,

I haven't written because I've been picking-up the pace. I've juggled work, school, home-life and community stuff since I was in college. Tried to keep my calendar full. Moved from one spot to the other every year. But, after having Soluna I knew I needed to slow down. To take a breath. To find myself again, and define myself. And after the rest, I came to a point where what I really needed was movement and activity to figure things out, to heal, to shape who I am as a mama.

So now, I'm ... taking care of Soluna, in a mamas group (sometimes 2), visiting family, working part-time, learning to cook better, cleaning up more around the house (decluttering), re-connecting with friends, studying to be a doula and planning for Soluna's baptism. On the periphery, I'm wondering about my next steps, my next career moves, my next educational moves, and my attempts to re-connect with community (who is my community now?). It seems like just the right time to make some major moves. I mean, I already took the big one: quit my cushy city job.

Soluna has been making moves of her own. She is an expert sitter, scooting unexpectedly in every direction, but not quite intentionally. I am anxious for her to full out crawl and reminding myself that babies do things at their own pace. She is SO there: on her hands and knees, lunging forward, but not quite moving. We've coaxed her with food, toys, and cheers. She'll probably do it when we're not looking. She has also learned, from cousin Cheo, the art of squealing. Nice. And she has become a clapper, and on some occasions a waver. I can't forget to mention that she has one chomper in sight, her top front right tooth.

Is the year going by fast or slow? I can't tell.

Peace.

Mama Aya

No comments: