Thursday, January 13, 2011

Welcome to the world, Macario!


On January 5, 2011 at 6:22PM, I gave birth to our son Macario. He is named after my mom's father (who I call Tatang). He was a hardworking farmer and family man. Tatang took care of me throughout my childhood and was my favorite person in the world. While our little Macario may not look too much like him, I hope that he will have the same commitment that Tatang had to our community, family and earth.


Labor for little Macario was crazy and fast. I decided to have a natural birth, as I had planned for Soluna, but this time went to the Sacred Birth Place in Oakland to be assisted by midwives. Between contractions I was completely lucid and I remember passionately thinking to myself, "NEVER AGAIN! Remember this moment. NEVER AGAIN! It hurts! Don't ever get pregnant again." We'll see what happens.

Macario was 9 pounds 2 ounces. He practically slipped out of me to be caught by the careful hands of his papa. He is beautiful. I don't know what to do with a little boy, but I'll learn.

No comments: